Volunteers make a significant difference for Hexter Elementary School, and we are always looking for more. We have plenty of opportunities for individuals to support the PTA and Hexter in ways that match their availability and talents. Even an hour of support makes a difference. To join the PTA, contact Cheryl Robinson, vice president-membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before working directly with students, all volunteers are required to register with DISD and pass a background check. To register online, go to http://www.dallasisd.org/partners/volreg_form.cfm. When you volunteer at Hexter, please record your hours in the volunteer notebook in the school office. Volunteer hours directly reflect the community’s involvement and commitment to supporting schools!
The Following are PTA volunteer opportunities:
- Classroom volunteers
- Cafeteria monitors (two to three times a month)
- Book fair support
- Candy and soda drive for the Hexter Howl
- Hexter Howl Carnival and Fun Run volunteer
- Silent Auction
- White Rock Home Tour
- Dad’s Club (work with other dads on projects to support Hexter)
- Field Day
- Library and office support
- Teacher Appreciation Committee